The 1934 Spanish Colonial Revival/Georgian Revival-style building Williams designed for the wedge-shaped lot near Central Avenue was a tangible symbol of the Angelus Home philosophy of providing “beautiful memories.” Attuned to the vision of the owners, Williams created a building described as “a tribute of farewell to those who pass through its doors on their last journey and a consolation to their loved ones who remain.” To accomplish this he created a tasteful, elegant drawing room, one of the largest and finest mortuary church chapels in the area, private "slumber" rooms, and a nursery for small children. Mindful of the living, Williams included many of his up-scale signature touches—banks of windows with views of patios, fountains, flowers and extensive landscaped areas. These were design elements not found in any other mortuary of that era.
The Angelus Funeral Home outgrew the East Jefferson location. In 1961 they moved their operations to a Paul R. Williams redesigned and renovated building on Crenshaw.