April 14, 1979
My favorite of these advertisements is the Happy Apple club, which billed itself as “‘The place to be’ for Disco Dancing & People Watching.” The Happy Apple club had events for almost every demographic:
- Tuesday: “European” Night…all-ethnic disco dance music...Polish, Slovenian, Croatian, etc.
- Wednesday: Ladies Are “Queens” Night...No admission charge for all ladies...The ladies take charge...all men must dance with any lady that asks them to dance. Men will not be allowed to ask any lady to dance.
- Thursday: Salsa!!! Soul!!! All-Latin disco music, style show, dance contest
- Saturday: Senior citizens slow disco from 4pm till 8pm
- Sunday: Pre-teens 6yrs thru 12